Oxford Tri is a friendly triathlon club based in the city of Oxford, which aims to support adult triathletes of all levels and aspirations, from complete beginners to Great Britain age groupers.
The club was founded in 1988 and has expanded from small beginnings to one of the largest triathlon clubs in the UK. Our members include some athletes who have been highly successful at international age group level and some have even gone on to have successful careers as professional triathletes.
Oxford Tri is run by our members for our members. Without our volunteers there would be no club, so all members are encouraged to help out where they can, be it organising, coaching, marshalling etc. Our coaches are key to the club’s success and we provide training support to anyone willing to get involved in coaching for the club.
What we get up to:
• Training sessions are a big part of the club and we put on a huge number each year, including coached pool swims, track run sessions, social hill run sessions, group bike rides, winter turbo training and in the summer we have open water swimming and a regular Bike and Run Time Trial (BaRTT) every fortnight too.
• We put on special masterclasses throughout the year on various topics, such as nutrition talks, bike mechanics classes, goal setting seminars and many other tri related subjects.
• We run a beginner friendly pool based sprint triathlon in August each year from Radley College, which always gets great feedback from everyone who takes part.
• Each year, we have a club championships series of local and popular races, with a points system designed to give everyone a chance.
• Every summer we put on beginners open water swimming sessions in the run up to the hugely popular Blenheim Triathlon for both members and non-members.
• Oxford Tri is a very social club, with regular social events throughout the year; typically including nights out, post-race barbeques, a fancy dress Christmas BARTT and all culminating in our annual end of season awards dinner dance.
Have a look at the Events calendar to see everything that’s going on in the club at the moment.
British Triathlon Federation - http://www.britishtriathlon.org/
Cycling Time Trials - http://www.cyclingtimetrials.org.uk/
OXSRAD - http://www.oxsrad.org/ - This is where our Sunday bike rides start from, where our turbo sessions are held and where we hold many other sessions and events. Oxsrad has a good gym facility, which Oxford Tri members can use at a discounted rate.
Discounts & Partnerships
Please see our Partnerships and Discounts page which lists all current discounts and offers available to Oxford Tri members.