This page is for sharing well-known, tried-and-trusted routes for club rides; GPX files (as attachments), links to route-creation sites (ridewithgps.com, bikely, Strava etc.). Please specify a route summary, with distance, terrain (flat, undulating or hilly).
Privacy warning: Don't post routes that start or finish at your house (unless you want people to know where you live). Consider starting/finishing the route from/to a meeting point, such as OXSRAD.
Short/Medium rides (< 100km)
- 36km Chaingang Route (OXSRAD-Ambrosden-Islip-OXSRAD) [Flat]
- 54km Hilly Ride (OXSRAD-Brill-OXSRAD) [Hilly]
- 75km Waddesdon GC (OXSRAD-Waddesdon Manor-OXSRAD) [Undulating]
Long rides (> 100km)
- 100km Stow-on-the-Wold (Oxford-Charlbury-Stow-Leafield-Oxford) [Hilly]
- 110km 'Harlequin Hack' Audax (Northmoor-Chipping Norton-Uffington-Northmoor) [Undulating]
When road conditions are potentially icy, consider keeping ride routes to those treated (salted/gritted) by the County Council. A map of these routes can be found here (select "Gritting routes" from the "Other layers" list). N.B. Always check weather conditions and decide for yourself whether it is safe for you to ride.