That time of year is upon us again, when we are thinking about our Christmas shopping and turkeys, but wait...there is one last race - The Great Christmas BaRTT (bike and run time trial)!. For those of you that aren't aware, OxfordTri runs a festive Christmas fancy dress event and this will be taking place at our normal BaRTT venue in Horseman Close opposite Oxsrad. Fancy dress is compulsory and there will be prizes for the fastest and the best dressed!
The event will start at 10.50am with a race briefing, and our first runners will set off at 11am. As this is a charity race, participants will need to pay an entrance fee of £5 on the day in aid of this year chosen charity. There will also be a social afterwards, most likely at the Victoria Arms in Old Marston, a 5 minute ride from Oxsrad or ample parking of it's own, afterwards so please come and join us for the race, and/or for food, drinks and fun!
Please note helmets, festive clothing and front and rear bike lights are compulsory.
Parking, changing and toilet facilities at Oxsrad Sports Centre, Marsh Lane, Marston OX3 0NQ. Transition is across the road in Horseman Close, OX3 0NR. Please do not try and park in Horseman Close - all parking is over the road at Oxsrad. There is a path out of the far corner of Oxsrad carpark that comes out directly opposite Horseman Close by the pelican crossing.
The course will be 1 mile run, 7 mile bike and 2 mile run (1 lap, 1 lap, 2 lap).
Run course here: Oxtri Oxsrad BaRTT Run route
Bike course here: Oxtri Oxsrad BaRTT bike route
- All athletes MUST have a front and rear (red) bike light
- All athletes MUST have a helmet
- PARKING: no athletes may park in Horseman Close - all parking at Oxsrad.
- Please be sensitive to residents.
- No crossing the white line in the middle of the road (with a 2 min penalty if you do)
- All rules of the road must be followed (with a 2 min penalty for not)
- No drafting (With disqualification if you do)
- THIS IS NOT A RACE - BE SENSIBLE!
Please consider volunteering if you aren't able to take part yourself - a great way to see how the event works if you haven't tried one before!