Members should be aware that we are currently required by our governing body and insurance provider the British Triathlon Federation to store details of attendees for covid track and trace purposes for at least 21 days following the relevant session. If someone subsequently tests positive for covid we will provide names and contact details of attendees to the NHS track and trace service if requested. The sign up list on the website will be the means of tracking this so if you sign up for a session and are unable to attend it is important that you remove your name from the sign up list prior to the session. Unfortunately this is now a condition of attendance at club sessions until further notice.
The effective control of Covid-19 relies on people taking individual and collective responsibility. It is the club’s role to facilitate safe activity in line with Government guidance and we want to remind their members and coaches of their individual responsibility so they can make informed choices. Before booking and attending this session, please undertake the following self-assessment.
Today, or at any point in the last 14 days, have you had:
Any shortness of breath?
Any chest pain or tightness?
A sore throat or hoarse voice?
Abnormal fatigue or drowsiness?
Any loss of taste or smell?
Any abdominal pain, vomiting or diarrhoea?
Any confusion or disorientation?
A different joint or muscle pain
Any new rashes?
Has any member of your household or someone that you have been in contact with reported any of the above symptoms in the last 14 days?
If the answer is ‘yes’ to any of these questions, please keep yourself, your family and other members of our club safe and do not attend our session. You need to self-isolate for 14 days, follow the guidance available here, and seek further medical advice from your GP. Thank you for keeping our club COVID secure.
You must read the SWIM BRIEFING thoroughly as these will not be given lakeside. By signing up to swim you are verifying that you have read these instructions and will adhere to them.
But a few key points to know/do.
· Open water swim session are strictly FOR CLUB MEMBERS ONLY who are experienced open water swimmers.
· NO SIGN UP = NO SWIM
· TOW FLOATS ARE COMPULSARY THIS SEASON
· BRING your bright swim cap
· BE on time – if you miss your swim slot you will not be able to swim
· Change by your car and do not go to the beach area until just before you swim start for a short briefing. Only shoes and keys to be left by the lake.
· ENJOY - BE CONISDERATE - BE SAFE - KEEP 2m from everyone at all times
· Sign in and out with the safety officers at the beginning and end of your swim
· PRACTICE ZIPPING YOUR WETUIT UP BY YOURSELF.
· We do not have access to the club house so there is no changing/toilet facilities.
· We ask that you bring no spectators/children for the time being.
Open water swim session FOR CLUB MEMBERS ONLY.
The sessions take place at Dorchester Sailing Club, Abingdon Road, Dorchester, Oxfordshire, OX10 7LP (http://www.dorchestersailingclub.org.uk/html/Map.htm). There is plenty of parking there.
The sessions are supervised by Swim Safety Officers. We need 2 of these per session. If everyone who swims regularly volunteers twice in the season, and those who swim occasionally volunteers once, then we will have enough.