You must read the SWIM BRIEFING thoroughly as these will not be given lakeside. By signing up to swim you are verifying that you have read these instructions and will adhere to them.
But a few key points to know/do.
· Open water swim session are strictly FOR CLUB MEMBERS ONLY who are experienced open water swimmers.
· NO SIGN UP = NO SWIM
· TOW FLOATS ARE COMPULSARY THIS SEASON
· BRING your bright swim cap
· BE on time – if you miss your swim slot you will not be able to swim
· Change by your car and do not go to the beach area until just before you swim start for a short briefing. Only shoes and keys to be left by the lake.
· ENJOY - BE CONISDERATE - BE SAFE - KEEP 2m from everyone at all times
· Sign in and out with the safety officers at the beginning and end of your swim
· PRACTICE ZIPPING YOUR WETUIT UP BY YOURSELF.
· We do not have access to the club house so there is no changing/toilet facilities.
· We ask that you bring no spectators/children for the time being.
DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE ATTEND IF YOU ARE FEELING UNWELL OR YOU OR ANYONE IN YOUR HOUSEHOLD HAVE ANY SYMPTOMS RELATED TO COVID-19 (or have been told to isolate). Please see the goverment guidance - https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/coronavirus-covid-19-list-of-guidance#guidance-for-the-public
· Please cancel your swim online and let us know if you have been before, so we can let anyone you have been in contact with know too. DO NOT BOOK ANOTHER SESSION FOR 2 WEEKS AT LEAST OR UNTIL AFTER YOU ARE WELL AGAIN
The sessions take place at Dorchester Sailing Club, Abingdon Road, Dorchester, Oxfordshire, OX10 7LP (http://www.dorchestersailingclub.org.uk/html/Map.htm). There is plenty of parking there.
The sessions are supervised by Swim Safety Officers. We need 2 of these per session. If everyone who swims regularly volunteers twice in the season, and those who swim occasionally volunteers once, then we will have enough.