You must abide by the BTF rules for virtual events and signing up to this event means that you accept these. (Please note you must be a member of the BTF (not just a member of the club) in order to be covered by their accident insurance.)
- At all times whilst participating in the challenge you should adhere to all instructions given by the Oxford Tri and by British Triathlon (https://www.britishtriathlon.org/covid-19) and the relevant government advice https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus .
- Please ensure that you have the correct equipment that is in a good safe working order and take weather conditions and the space around you into account when preparing to take part.
- It is your responsibility that you are sufficiently fit and healthy to participate in all challenges and physical activity. Please ensure you consider how recently you have training and exercising in this discussion. If you are in any doubt, we recommend that you seek medical advice beforehand.
This event is about participation so feel free to enter one of the Triathlon distances listed below or enter one of the swim, Bike or Run distances as a single event. Equally feel free to do 2/3 of any of the tri distances as an Aqua bike or a Duathlon.
* 3x Triathlon events
* 3x Duathlon events
* 3x Aqua bike events
* 9 single event options -
So, effectively 18 possible event options, hopefully that's enough to get anyone and everyone in Oxford Tri out to take part in something in 2020!!
There are three Triathlon distances you can enter:
* Sprint (750m Swim, 20k Bike, 5k Run)
* Olympic ( 1500m Swim, 40k Bike, 10k Run)
* Middle Distance (1500m Swim, 80k bike, 20k run)
The middle distance is deliberately slightly short for ease of lap multiplication!
You do not have to complete all the events either consecutively or even on the same day! The only caveat is that whatever event(s) you have entered you must complete on either Friday 18th, Saturday 19th, Sunday 20th or Monday 21st September 2020.
Race totals will exclude transitions, so if you decide to do your event consecutively, make sure you can identify the transition times so they can be removed.
You must do your event alone, so please do not organise groups to race each other in the flesh!! And try only to do loops or out and back courses, someone who's 20k bike is downhill from the top of Mt Ventoux is not really entering into the spirit of the event!!
Feel free to enter times using virtual bike platforms, like Zwift or any other static bike set ups, as used during the Virtual BarTT, you do need to be able to record time and distance though and as i already mentioned please do loops!!
A 20k Bike and 5k Run route close to Queenford lake will be published, allowing anyone who wants to record times that can be compared to others in the club, to do so!