Oxford Tri is a friendly, inclusive and very active triathlon club offered a wide range of coached and social training sessions throughout the year. We support and welcome members of all abilities, from absolute beginners through to experienced national and international competitors in all forms and distances of the sport.
Membership of Oxford Tri gives you access to:
- Up to four coached swim sessions per week
- Coached track-based running sessions
- Off-season coached turbo sessions
- Sunday morning club bike rides for all abilities
- Open-water swimming (usually May through to September)
- Socially focussed runs and rides
- A club duathlon series running throughout the race season
- Discount on your annual BTF race license
- 10% discount at a range of local sports and bike shops including:
- Beeline Cycles (Cowley Road)
- Up & Running (Headington)
- Fit 2 Run (Abingdon)
- Summertown Cycles
- Discounted use of the gym and other facilities at Osxrad (Marston)
- Free use of club equipment (bike bags and boxes etc.)
- Some of the best kit in Triathlon!
- Annual subsidised social events - including the much anticipated end of season dinner!
- Access to the member’s area of the club website to log your races and results
- And finally, loads of friendly advice, support and encouragement in all areas of the sport.
Membership costs just £65 for the year (January to December) and will give you access to all coached and un-coached training sessions without further cost.*
So, for the equivalent of just £1.25 per week, membership of Oxford Tri gives you access to up to six training sessions per week, social events, local discounts and all the fun and support you could ever ask for! Now that is definitely good value for money!
New members joining after July 1st 2013 will be eligible for a discounted membership rate of £35.
How to join (new members)
- Sign up for an account on the website.
- Confirm your contact details and fill in the health declaration form.
- Pay securely online via PayPal using your debit or credit card, or send a cheque payable to ‘Oxford Tri’ along with your contact details to:
The Membership Secretary, 49 Marlborough Road, Oxford, OX1 4LW.
- Wait patiently for your shiny new membership card to arrive in the post.
How to renew your existing membership
Please log in and pay your subs on the Fee Payment page. You will need to re-confirm your agreement to the Terms of Membership which now also include the Health Declaration. You will then receive your new 2013 membership card by post within a relatively short but undefined period of time!
We are offering members, new and old, the chance to split their 2013 membership payment into two instalments (£35 due on Jan 1st with a further £30 due on Feb 1st). Please contact the membership secretary directly via membership [at] oxfordtri [dot] co [dot] uk if you would like to take advantage of this.
Non-members may attend up to 2 sessions on a trial basis which is free of charge. Please make yourself know to the coach at the beginning of the session and ensure you bring emergency contact details with you. Please contact the Membership Secretary via membership [at] oxfordtri [dot] co [dot] uk for more information.
If you have any questions about club membership that is not covered by the above information, please contact us using the membership contact page or via email on membership [at] oxfordtri [dot] co [dot] uk.
* Open water swim sessions at Dorchester Lake are included in your membership, however future additional club-supported sessions at Queensford Lakes may require a subsidised fee.